Manufacturer specifications such as VW 504 00 / 507 00 cover a variety of aggregates in many different vehicle types, such as a 1.4L TDI in the Volkswagen Polo V, a 3.0L TDI in the Audi Q7 through to the Audi RS6 5.0 TFSI quattro.
The manufacturer specifications can only ever cover a minimum requirement for average use, but not different driving styles and areas of usage and the resulting strains. An AUDI RS6 with over 500 hp is generally driven in a different way to a Volkswagen 1.4L Polo. The lubricants used in such vehicles are therefore also subject to greater levels of strain, for example as a result of shear forces and higher operating temperatures.
In order to offer both groups of customers a product which is tailored to their requirements, RAVENOL offers OEM-grade and USVO-grade products and the latter significantly exceed manufacturer specifications.
The special feature of the new RAVENOL USVO oils is that they have almost no shear losses due to their special formulation of selected base oils and additives.
This is possible through the use of fully synthetic base components without so-called VI improvers or in conjunction with the use of high-quality extremely shear-stable polymers.
Synthetic lubricants cover a wide range of operating temperatures, have greater stability at high
temperatures and offer better low temperature properties.
• Better friction values (FE/fuel-saving effect of around 1%)
• Better Noack values (less volatilisation = lower costs, as less or no refilling required)
• Better oxidation protection (longer product life span)
• Better cleaning effect = The engine remains clean and thus longer functional
• Better pumpability in cold conditions = faster oil supply to the parts to be lubricated even at cold starts = better engine protection
• Almost no shear loss, even under strong conditions the viscosity remains stable
• Longer durability of RAVENOL USVO engine oil
Generally the use of VI improvers is seen rather positively. But that is not always correct, because they also have some disadvantages. With USVO, we avoid the drawbacks of VI improvers and, if necessary, leverage their benefits through our advanced development.
• High-quality and specially selected base oils
• Thicker fully synthetic base
• Almost no shear loss, even when the oil is placed under significant stress
• The engine remains clean and therefore remains functional for a longer time
• Longer service life of the RAVENOL engine oil
• Very shear-stable oil
• Viscosity is maintained